I think I'm going to make myself a t-shirt that says "I survived the Jr. Core." I am sorry to all of my friends who never saw me during this period of self-deprivation. I am planning to use this summer to hone my previously dormant social skills and maybe do something fun. Weeee!
I am going to school full time during spring and summer and working. However, I have scheduled in some fun things (who schedules fun?!)--a backpacking trip in the Grand Canyon to Havasu Falls, and a trip to Oregon to see Anna get married . It's going to be glorious! I am skipping school and I don't even care. Bwahahaha! Freedom is mine!
I just moved into my cute little 1953 house complete with swamp cooler, no phone service, and no internet. Despite these small little setbacks, I have fallen in love with the place. I have to say that almost as cool as my hardwood floors is the drawer in the kitchen with built in separators for the silverware. To top it all off, I have those vintage light fixture covers that came standard with every house back then. The hallway one is, of course, the round one with the funny bumps all over it, and the rest of them are square and frosted with flower designs on them. I love the 50's!
Living alone has been fun (the whole place to myself), but a little lonely (no roommates). I hope I don't turn into one of those scary old single ladies that live in creepy old houses. You know the type--the ones who have lived alone for years and stare at people from their front window just to freak them out. They usually have one scary looking eye and a hairy double chin, and they wear MuuMuu's. Those are the kind of houses you wish you could avoid on your mission, but you just know they could have been the golden contact and you would have had the coolest mission story.
Anyway, that's the latest news with me. I've finally come out of the accounting school dungeon for a little while. Yay! Come by and say hi. :-)
Monday, April 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Yeay for Kimbo!! She survived! She's ALIVE!!! ALVE!!!!!!
AND her house is cute. VERY cute. especially the doorbell in the hallway.
I miss miss miss you.
Just don't get cats. You're safe as long as you don't have cats. Or birds. You know, just don't get pets unless they're exotic like a lizard or something.
evwy time I look at dem I fink about dat.
Thanks for the tip, Erika
You should host a party. A big one. I know I would come. I know some people, we could could come there were you are and we could all shake it shake it till the sun come up...or something like that. I know I'm not big on parties but I'd do it for you.
Ritz,
Or maybe just a huge sleepover. Hmmmm. With losts of food, and maybe a chick flick (no boys allowed).
Post a Comment