Never read "The Epic of Gilgamesh." Kinda weird. Sorry to those who think this is a classic, one of literature's great treasures. It just doesn't do anything for me.
"What we obtain too cheap we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated."
6 comments:
What kind of word is Gilgamesh anyway?
I'll take your word for it.
Gilgamesh is the name of the "hero" in the story, if you can call him that.
i promise to never read "the epic of gilgamesh".
in fact, i promise to give up reading full stop.
hmmmm I guess ytou can at least said you've read it now. right?
I remember thinking similar thought when I read it for class.
Post a Comment