Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Blind date of the decade

Yup, another one. My brother is setting me up with a guy in his Ward in Logan. Here's what I know about him:

  • He likes backpacking
  • He works in Provo sometimes
  • He has a master's degree
  • He's a nurse practitioner
  • He's awesome (according to my bro)
  • He's 35--ack!

I had previously set my limit at 30, but my brother insists that this guy is worth making an exception for, so I decided to go anyway. It's only 10 years. Age gaps get smaller as you get older, right?

Jen Harms told me that you figure out your age limit like this:

Your age - 7 x 2 (if you are a girl)

Your age/2 + 7 (if you are a guy)

Ok, so (25 - 7) x 2 = 36. I guess he's not too old for me, right?

12 comments:

Leah said...

If it doesn't work out, I have 3 old(er) sisters that would jump you for him. Seriously.

Nama said...

do it. you're hot, he's awesome...match made in utah!

meagan said...

I didn't know there was a mathematical formula! That makes everything sooo much easier!

and I've heard that "Nurse Practitioner" is the "Doctor".

Tiff said...

Hmm, I've heard the guys, but I don't know if I agree with the girls - the formula sets my limit at 30. I set mine I don't know..5 years older? Matters on their attitude. I don't want someone who acts old.
However...I digress...I also think you should go for it. What could it hurt?

meagan said...

um... i meant "NEW doctor"

Kimberly said...

Did anyone catch that he's a decade older than me and I called this the blind date of the decade?

kat said...

my grandmother thinks i should marry someone at least 10 years older than me.
i think my grandma's getting senile.

Nama said...

ha! oh, i get it now, kimbo...decade, yeah...my mommy always told me i wasn't the sharpest crayon in the box.

Leah said...

I think I'm gonna wait until I'm 40 and then marry a 20 year old hottie. Wait, what am I waiting for? I should just marry a 20 yr old hottie now!

Jon said...

That means my age limit is 18?! I dunno . . .

Kirsten said...

yeah that does seem kinda old, which is kinda scary. I think women should marry men who are their age or a little younger. I think this b/c I have this idea that if he is younger than you he may not/ you may not let him have control over you. (i have issues with getting married.)

Nama said...

oh eddie, don't we all...