Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The date...and other news

Ok, so I know y'all want to know how my "date of the decade" went. Well, we went on a hike, but I was having more fun with my brother than my date--we did a little rockclimbing, played in the creek, and goofed off a lot. I kinda wished I was there with just my bro.

Oh well. The guy was a little too mellow for me...ok, a lot too mellow. Also, ( I know this doesn't matter, but it kinda does) he's short, overweight, and has a big head. I'm sorry, but that just doesn't work for me. And I could totally beat him in an arm wrestle, and y'all know how I feel about that. Well, I'm not positive that I could win him, but I climbed up a rock wall that he didn't even want to attempt to climb.

In other news, I'm running a 5K on Saturday with Anna. Our goal is to finish the race alive. I hope it goes well. The race passes by my house, so if we're tired, we'll stop by for snacks and drinks or something. Maybe watch a movie, then get back in the race. Clay said he would be at the end of the race with his lawn chair and a beer, cheering us on. Hee, hee, he's so funny sometimes.

I got a roommate!!!! Her name is Rachel, and she is awesome!! I think we are going to have a great time together. She is from Singapore, and she's trying to decide between a major in microbiology or international studies. She works at the health center in the MTC, so this place is so close to her work. I am so happy that she's here!

My mom, sister, and her friend are here for education week, so we have a full house. It has been so fun to have family here, and to have some noise in the house. It's weird, though, because I am used to silence, so it freaks me out when I hear noises at night. I have to remind myself that it's just other people.

I saw Mindy Thibodeau yesterday--she stopped by my house as I was leaving for work. She seems to be doing well, and looked HOT. She dyed her hair blonde--I think she should keep it.

That's all my news. I'll tell you about the race if I survive.

3 comments:

Tiff said...

Hey - I saw her too at graduation!
Glad you're so happy. :)

Leah said...

Stay away from the big-headed ones. You don't want big-head kids.

Nama said...

yeay! kimbo's life sounds happy! and that makes me happy :)