Over the summer I told my parents--half as a joke, half in seriousness--that I would bring someone home for Thanksgiving. You know, someone special.
I was serious about my goal, and made a few changes in hopes of being successful. At the same time, I wasn't totally serious. Anyway, it has become the talk of all my relatives.
My grandma has been spreading the word for me, so that everyone can ask me about it constantly. Aparently, this is the only interesting thing happening in my entire extended family, otherwise they would talk about something else, like the weather, or the price of mangoes in Fiji.
Well, so far I haven't had any dates. Oh, believe me, I've been trying. I am not stressed out with school (somehow I've figured out how to manage that), so I am much more pleasant to be around. And, I wear makeup every day. And, I do my hair nice every day. And, I dress nice every day. I've been making a real effort.
So "The Thanksgiving Project," as my grandma so appropriately calls it, is not going well. However, I am ok with that. Less pressure at Thanksgiving--no one will interrogate me on my special someone, because I won't have one.
Saturday, October 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
you can take me home for halloween.
or would that make things worse?
Just borrow a friend. Like Kat, but a boy. And you won't have to pay him because he's going to get fed - it's Thanksgiving for Pete's sake. Just make sure he holds your hand.
boys, smoys...believe me, you're better off without them ;)
Post a Comment