So last semester I bought myself a cycling shirt.
I promised myself that if I bought it, I would start cycling. And so...about 6 months later, I finally bought a bike (mine's black, not red). I got it from bikesdirect.com and I put it together myself! I'm so proud of me. :)
I took her for a maiden voyage a couple of days ago but had some trouble with the gears (these were put together before the bike came to me--not my fault). I've made some adjustments, and am taking her for "maiden voyage part deux" tomorrow morning. I hope to eventually participate in a duathlon they hold here every year at Cherry Creek State Park. It's a 5k run, 30k bike, 5k run. If training goes well, I will do it in May. If not, next May. Either way, I'm going to do it. I'll put before and after pictures up of my bike, and maybe a few of the "maiden voyage part deux".
Any ideas for a name for the bike? So far I've decided it's a she because I keep saying "her" when I refer to it.

6 comments:
i love that you bought the clothing before the actualy device that, while using, the clothing you purchased 6 months before the device will be worn.
it' funny to me. :)
You're my hero! I wish I wasn't so accident prone.
I am soo impressed!!! I love reading about you post schooling. mostly because you actually kind of get to do what you want to do. and what a way to do it-- with one of those ____thon thinggings ;) you go girl!
Kimberly! You have a blog! Fabulous. I have multiple ways to stalk you now :) Uhm, so I was thinking of taking you up on that "let's do the duathlon together" thing. We could make a training schedule and pester each other and everything. Ooh fun.
Elizabeth, sounds good to me. I need some pestering, especially now that it is going to start getting cold and dark in the morning. :( I downloaded a training plan from the duathlon website, so I'll email it to you.
Where did you go? What's new?
Post a Comment