I went to the Albuquerque Balloon Festival in October. They launched over 700 balloons. One year they did 1,000, but they found that it was too many, so they restricted the number of entries. I drove down there and met up with Elizabeth Temus and her brother Joe (who, by the way, is going on his mission to Russia soon). We had a blast! Elizabeth knew one of the balloon owners, Ohio (yes, that's his real name), so we got to be part of the chase crew. It was so much fun. Some day I will ride in a balloon, not just fill it up and send it off.
Somewhere around 5am, I think. We had to leave the house at 4am because we were part or the chase crew for one of the balloons - Dawn Song.
Packing the balloon up after it landed.
5 comments:
That's so cool!
On Sunday, I met my new visiting teacher's baby: Lion. I wasn't sure I heard her right, but I just said "Oh, that's cute..." Later that day, I met his older brother: Bear.
Oh my!
LOL! Adriane, I was trying to figure out why in the world you were talking about odd baby names, and then it clicked--I talked about Ohio being an odd name in my post. It's all comin' together. Yes, I'm slow.
That looks like such a blast! And fun to see you and Elizabeth together.
Adriane, people are crazy about naming their kids these days. I think they forget that their children, cute and animalesque as they are now, will some day have to enter that tragic world called junior high. No one will think "Lion" is a cute name then.
kimberly-- elizabeth told me about this. how fun to see the pictures of it.
Post a Comment