Friday, May 06, 2005

Dan The Mustache Man

Jon's blog about Elder Oaks' talk made me think about what part of that talk applies to me--the whole "don't turn guys down so harshly" thing. Disclaimer: I have never turned anyone down yet.

So I have a question: Does that mean that I have to go out with my neighbor, whom I refer to as Dan The Mustache Man?
The day after the fireside, he came over to my house "to ask me something," but luckily I was on the phone with my brother. He said he'd come back later.

He never came back, so maybe he changed his mind about asking me out. Or maybe he wasn't really going to ask me out. Maybe he just wanted to know if his mustache makes him look fat. I don't know.

So, do I have to say yes if he asks? I mean, c’mon. The man has a mustache. Not a beard with a mustache, just a mustache. AND, I could totally win him in an arm wrestle. He's a skinny, mustache-wearing man.

I don't want to waste his money by making him pay for an unwanted date. Why not avoid it altogether, since I could not be persuaded to be attracted to him in any way. “Giving him a chance” would just be a total lie, since I don’t really believe that he has a chance. I know, it sounds harsh, but honestly guys, which one of you really wants to spend money on a girl that doesn’t want to hang out with you? Maybe she’s just not that in to you.


5 comments:

Leah said...

you never need an excuse to say no. no is an excuse in and of itself. my southern grandmama backs me on this. if he asks why, tell him you already said no, that's why.

kat said...

sigh... i don't know. i just don't know.

Kirsten said...

hehe I like your nik name for him.

Anonymous said...

hahaha!!! next time he comes over you should ask him if he likes his mustache or if it's to cover a second lip or something

Anonymous said...

oops. i meant to say just kidding. hehehe .)that's a cyclops smiley face just in case you were wondering.