Thursday, May 19, 2005

It's not over till the fat lady sings.

Ok, so the latest news is this:

Didn’t get accepted to the master’s program.
Found out you cannot appeal.
Decided to appeal anyway.
Talked to a professor who will personally endorse me.
Mom had a million people pray for me.
Talked to the head of the admissions committee.
Got on the waiting list even though my GPA is significantly lower than everyone else’s on the list.
Got an email from the professor that said he made a phone call to the head of the admissions committee on my behalf.
Cried, because I was so grateful.
Found out my boss sent an email to the head of the admissions committee.
Cried again—so grateful!
Think there’s still a chance I might get in anyway if someone drops out.
Found out that typically 4 people drop out.
Found out there are about 7-8 people on the waiting list.
Prayed some more.
Rejoiced. I can’t believe how things are working out!

That’s the Reader’s Digest version, but if you want the juicy details, you’ll have to ask me later. It’s quite possibly the craziest story ever.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Or... you can apply in AZ and come live with me! Only if you want to. I'll definitely pray for you though.

kat said...

you are phenomenal.